The N.C. Forest Service (NCFS) BMP Newsletter highlights Best Management Practices (BMP) topics of interest and shares information about other water-resource projects that NCFS personnel are working on.
Previous to the winter of 2014, 3 regional newsletters were issued. All issues are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- July 2023 Newsletter - Forests are like a sponge ... Chemical handling ... Logging mats
- April 2023 Newsletter - An Assessment of Forestry BMPs in North Carolina ... Definition Changes for Waters of the U.S.
- January 2023 Newsletter - Limits on the Forest Practice Guidelines exemption ... NCFS Moreland Gueth Water Quality Award ... Forestry BMP Field Guides
- October 2022 Newsletter - Adoption of the Clean Water Act ... The Challenges of Fighting and Rehabilitating Ground Fire
- July 2022 Newsletter - BMP Effectiveness at Forestry Stream Crossings ... Fire Rehabilitation
- April 2022 Newsletter - N.C. Forestry BMP Manual Available Online
- January 2022 Newsletter - Revised BMP Manual
- October 2021 Newsletter - Road Drainage
- July 2021 Newsletter - Special Edition: Threatened and Endangered Aquatic Species
- April 2021 Newsletter - Important Ways to Keep Mud Out of Creeks
- January 2021 Newsletter - Forestry BMP Basics and Life Cycle
- September 2020 Newsletter - Importance of Clean Water
- July 2020 Newsletter - Streams on Silvicultural Tracts
- April 2020 Newsletter - Culvert Stream Crossing Challenges
- January 2020 - Healthy Forests = Clean Water
- Jul 2019 - Topographic and Soils Maps for Riparian Buffer Rules
- April 2019 - What’s New and What’s Newly Available?
- January 2019 - BMP Resolution: Cover it Up, Secure it Fast
- October, 2018 -What Do N.C. Forest Service Employees Do During a Water Quality Inspection?
- July, 2018 -Revisiting the Fundamental Concepts of BMPs
- April, 2018 -Assessment of Forestry BMPs in NC
- January, 2018 -Bottomland and Swamp Forests Symposium
- October, 2017 -Water quality refresher workshop tour success!
- July, 2017 -What are Minimum Standard Forest Roads?
- April, 2017 -Protecting Soil Resources
- January, 2017 -When Disasters Strike
- October, 2016 -Always Be Prepared
- July, 2016 -Reporting Petroleum Spills
- April, 2016 - We all Need A Refresher
- January, 2016 - Water Quality New Year's Resolutions
- October, 2015 - What impact will the New "WOTUS" rule have on Forestry?
- June, 2015 - New Federal Rule Re-Defines Protected “waters of the U.S."
- April, 2015 - 2015 is the International Year of Soil...Soil Stabilization...Regional Focus...BMP Contacts...What's Wrong with This?
- January, 2015 - A New Look...BMP Topic: Fluid, Oil & Trash...Regional focus pages...District BMP Contacts...What's Wrong With This?
|Western Newsletter||Piedmont Newsletter||Eastern Newsletter|
|October, 2014||October, 2014||October, 2014|
|June, 2014||June, 2014||June, 2014|
|April, 2014||April, 2014||April, 2014|
|January, 2014||January, 2014||January, 2014|
|October, 2013||October, 2013||October, 2013|
|July, 2013||July, 2013||July, 2013|
|April, 2013||April, 2013||April, 2013|
|January, 2013||January, 2013||January, 2013|
If you would like to receive a printed copy of a newsletter or if you would like to be notified via email whenever a new issue is published, please contact us via email or by fax, at 919-857-4804.